Question

Fat Blockers
I have been taking Nutrefelle CLA Body Toner. Is it really safe and is there any another fairly inexpensive product. I also play provincial sport where we could be tested for banned substances. I used to take Formula 2001 but I heard that it is now a banned substance. Is the Nutrafelle banned as well?

your assisstance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Dear Damsel
I am not acquainted with the ingredients in Nutrefelle Body Toner, but you can check on the label. If it contains any of the following then it could be on the banned list: citrus aurantium/bitter orange extract - this contains a herbal version of epinephrine; guarana and/or caffeine - is banned in large doses. I would suggest that you ask your chemist to check in the latest edition of MIMS Permitted & Banned Substances in Sport. It is prudent to stick to those supplements that do not include any banned substances no matter if their origin is pharmacological or herbal. Seeing that new products are launched nearly every week, it is always better to ask the pharmacist to check before you buy anything.