Question

Fat grafting for calf augmentation
how effective is fat grafting for calf augmentation. I have read so many positive and negative feedback, its very difficult to draw a conclusion as to whether its worth the surgery. As one who has always had an insecurity regarding the calf area, the draw to do this procedure is great, but not worth it if the effects are not lasting. Is there anyone in South AFrica who is experienced at perfoming such an operation? Advice and help would be so greatly appreciated. With thanks.
Anti-ageing expert
anti-ageing expert

Hi Debbie, thank you for the question.
Fat grafting has both advantages and disadvantages and one should be aware of them before deciding on a procedure. Fat has been used successfully in the legs to augment calves, ankles, and buttocks. One can expect a longevity of around 5 years bt the main disadvantage is that the fat graft may not take and the procedure would need to be repeated. I am completely unaware of someone specifically experienced to perform this procedure and your best approach would be to contact the SA Society of Plastic Surgeons: office@aprssa.co.za and ask who has the most experience with these type of procedures.