Question

Fat legs
What can I do to tone up my legs, from the knee down. I have fat ankles as well and i just want to slim them down and tone up
Thanks!!!

Hi Storm

First of all, I have to just mention how disappointing it is that some people on the forum seem to not appreciate that it is meant for mature user and who post such immature and vulgar replies. What a shame! So sorry about that, but I guess there is always one of them.

As to your question, you need to combine cardio exercises in order to slim down, with weight exercise in order to build the muscle necessary for toning and the appearance of definition. Personally I have found that cycling is a very good exercise for the calves, and running is also good, because every single step you take is obviously a muscle contraction on the calves. Then I agree with the other post on the forum that doing calf raises will be a help too. It's hard to develop the calves, they are a predominantly 'slow-twitch' muscle and the implication of this is that bulking up is quite tough, but you can certain increase the tone and defintion if you just target them. So if you are at the gym, then they have the seated and standing calf raises. if you are not, then it's fine, you just need to do 3 sets of 15 reps on the edge of a step, standing with your toes on the step and then raising up onto your toes, then down again, so that your heel drops below the level of the step. If you do this, and add in the regular cardio in the form of running and cycling, you should see change in a few months.