Question

fat tummy
hi dr`, im not sure if i should be worried`, i train about 5 times a week and eat a healthy balanced diet, but my stomach is always fat + bloated`. im 27yrs old. thanx :)

Dear Yasmin
You need to decide if your tummy protruding because of fat deposits or if it is bloated because of a build-up of wind? Because you say that you train 5 x a week and eat a healthy balanced diet, I would suspect that this is not fat, but bloating which could be caused by a wide variety of factors such as irritable bowel disease (IBS), ulcers, enzyme deficiencies, food allergies and intolerances, gallbladder problems, etc. Because so many different medical conditions can all produce the symptom of bloating, it is important that you have a medical examination so that we can obtain a diagnosis. If the diagnosis has a dietary cause (IBS, food allergies and intolerances, etc) we can look at changes to your diet, some of the other conditions may require medical treatment.
So please have the examination