Question

Fatty bumps under eyes
Good afternoon

I have just discovered that I have what appears to be tiny fatty bumps under my eyes - in the area where one would have dark rings under the eyes. What is this from, and what can I do to get rid of if??? I have seen elderly people with this (although bigger than what I currently have). I' m 38, and have always taken good care of my skin - no wrinkles yet.

Please help

many thanks
Anti-ageing expert
Anti-ageing expert

Hi Lou, thank you for the question.

Your best option is to consult a dermatologist who can examine the areas of concern and advise you on the best treatment option.

There are a number of different possibilities for the tiny bumps:

Xanthoma is a fatty deposit that may be associated with high cholesterol levels
Various calcification nodules
Nodular elastoidosis: sun damaged skin and may be associated with acne like outbreaks
Sebaceous cysts and other cystic lesions

Typically surgery is required to remove these lesions.