Question

fear of bieng locked
Im a 26 year old male and a about a year ago i started having this fear. I dont like to be in a room thats locked or in an elevator or any small place. If i am in a room thats locked i feel like i can go crazy. But if i have the key to the locked door than its fine nothing happens. Can you privide me with a solution to this problem because i wouldnt know how to handle the situation if i do have to get locked up in a room or stuck in an elevator
joe

Its called Claustrophobiam, a fear of enclosed spaces, which usually includes feeling bad in situations where you can't easily see your way out, like sitting in the middle of a long row of seats at the cinema, too. It's basically about a fear of not being fully in control of the situation. As one can run into unexpected situations in which something like whatever we fear may happen, it's wise to see a good local shrink for CBT / Behaviour therapy, which can usually rather rapidly help one to conquer and end these fears. Some medications can also be helpful