Question

FEAR OF LOOSING MY JOB
Guys I have a problem at work I have a bad sick leave record due to the snake....the hr dep is aware of my condition and my manager as well ....last month I was off sick for a week and I have exausted my sick I was on unpaid ...when I came back to work my manager told me that if I get sick again they might have to declaire me unfit to work and dismiss me ...that's not all now she is on my case about taking the disability benefits I dont want to stay at home and do nothing and I dont want to loose my job either does the hiv act and labour law allows them to dismiss due to my condition pls advice I am very worried my life depends on this Job and my kids future.....Is there any law that can protect me or they have a right as a company to dismmiss me?
Workplace health expert
Workplace health expert

The employee has the responsibility and obligation to fulfill the basic onus of his contract - to be at work and to fulfill his duties. The Employer has to pay you for work done. You are entitled to your sick leave, you are not entitled to abuse it. Where you have a known illness that will cause increased absenteeism this should be managed fairly. In pure terms an employer can manage perceived excessive absenteeism and can dismiss for incapacity - not being at work to fulfill your duties and contract. Your illness will cause absenteeism and should be managed by you, HR and Occ Health. This should lead to a mutually agreeable scenario.