Question

Fear of the Unknown
I am 40 yrs. I want register for a part-time degree next year with UNISA as I am only having a grade 12 certificate, my employer will pay for my studies. I fear the unknown. Is it possible to complete a part degree in a record time as I really do not want to fallout.

You raise a number of different issues. Have you checked with UNISA whether your existing qualifications will enable you to register for a degree ? If not, you will need information about what more would be needed, and how to get those extra qualifications. I'm not sure what you mean about "record time". It makes good sense that you wouldn't want to fail or drop out, but a part-time degree always takes more time than a full-time degree, because you are spending less time each week on studies. But many people manage to achieve excellent degrees with part-time courses. Does UNISA perhaps provide some literature to guide you or someone you could speak to directly for advice ?
Remember, too, that whatever your previous qualifications, learning and studying is a habit, and it can be difficult at first to get back into the necessary habits. But it is possible, and can be really satisfying.