Question

Fearful child
Hi there,

Please assist, about 2 months ago my son had watched a movie with me. In this paticular movie there was a scene where a pet snake at home got out and was on the little girls bed. That same night about 2am he woke up sceaming hysterically that the snake was coming after him. I was up almost till 4pm with him in my arms on the bed trying to calm him down. He would look around the room and then on the bed and insist he can see the smake coming for him.
Since then he is so afraid to go into the room or be anywhere in the house alone. He is constantly behind me and will only go to be when we do. Most days he falls of to sleep in the lounge.
He has become fearful. We avoid him watching any movies that are scary. Last night he got up again and told me that there was monster on the wall coming for him. He came and hid underneath the blanket with me and I had to stay awake almost an hour trying to comfort him. Then he fell asleep so did I but right next to me. Please can you tell me why this is so?
He is with a daymother &  I am not sure how much television he watches during the day. Why has he become so afraid.
What can I do to help him and get him out of this fear?
Sleep Expert
Sleep expert

I'm afraid this is an area I have no expertise. You need to ask a child psychologist.