Question

Feeling Dizzy
Dear Doc

I started on an eating plan 2 days ago.This plan is based on my assessment at the gym I just joined but I have been feeling dizzy,what might be the reason?

Breakfast -I had 1 slice of High fibre bread,1tbsp p-nut butter and 1 cup low fat yoghurt. For a mid morning snack I had a peach and rooibos.Lunch-2 slices high fibre+2 slices ham+tomato and cucumber and another cup of rooibos with 2 tsp honey.

What could be the cause of the dizziness?Is this balanced enough?

Dear Wanna Know
From what you mention your diet seems reasonable - I presume that you also eat a moderate supper consisting of low-fat meat or fish with a low-GI starch and vegetables? I don't really think that the diet is making you feel dizzy. I think you should check what you are doing in the gym - perhaps some of the exercises are too strenuous and you need to progress a bit more slowly. Discuss this with your trainer and if you should feel dizzy when exercise then stop for that session, rest and relax - Rome was not built in a day! If the dizziness persists then I would recommend that you have a medical checkup to see if there is an underlying cause that may not even be related to your diet or the exercise.