Question

feeling guilty - how do cheaters live???
For the past few weeks i felt nothing for my boyfriend to a point where i wanted to end our relationship as I thought there was just no future between us. I met someone who gave me a picture of what our future would be like therefore, i was somewhat more focused on this guy than on my boyfriend. There was no physical contact between this guy and I as he had said that he respects me blah blah blah! this weekend I spent a night with this new guy and the amount of guilt that i feel is unmeasurable! I feel so bad to a point where I just cry when i am with my boyfriend! He knows that i spent a night out, but he thinks i was with a girlfriend of mine. I have never cheated on anyone before and I don't understand how do other people do it! I have been cheated on before and I know how hurtful it is - I never thought I was capable of hurting someone like that, now i feel like a devil, a witch , a heartless looser! Now I want nothing to do with this new guy but i still can't believe what I did to my boyfriend., How do i forgive myself? I cannot look my boyfriend in the eye...

Well, you apparently do feel shame and guilt about having cheated --- and it's a pity, isnt it, that you didn't think of this before sleeping with the new guy. Frankly, you sound rather too immature to have an adult relationship just yet, and need to think about the dangers of your apparent sense of fredom to sleep with a guy you hardly know, and while having a commitment nto someone else. Maybe seeing a counsellor for a few sessions would help you to take stock and work on growing up and readiness for a serious relationship