Ask an expert

06 Dec 2012


I do have an problem with my feet of coarse, first problem when I am on my feet the whole day my ankle''s start to pain al lot, second problem from time to time small blister form on my feet but not on the soul of my feet which in turn itches a lot, then when the blister brake watery puss comes out.

Is this treatable at home?
Thank you so much
Answer 286 views

01 Jan 0001

Thank you for your e-mail,
1. Your ankle pain sounds as if it could be biomechanical as the pain is activity related. Consult with a podiatrist or biokinetisist for an assessment that would evaluate the strength of your ankle and pick-up possible weaknesses or muscle imbalances.
2. Your second problem sounds like a typical tinea pedis/ athlete's foot infection BUT I would suggest that you consult with a podiatrist that can evaluate the condition and advise suitable treatment that would involve possible topical foot sprays and ointments/gel and treatment of your shoes. It is more advisable to consult with a podiatrist and get the correct diagnosis and treatment.
For your nearest podiatrist contact 0861 100 249 or
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9322 votes
67% - 18678 votes