Question

Female balding
Dear CyberDoc

I' m only 24 and my hair is thinning quite drastically on the one side. I' ve noticed that people are now fixated on this when talking to me. Thought I was imagining it when it first started about 4 yrs ago. My GP did blood tests back then, and all my nutrients were in order. I saw a dermatologist who was of very little help. Could it be my thyroid or hormones? Or does it sound like female pattern baldness (which i believe to be untreatable)?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you consult a doctor to have blood test done, in order to find the cause for your hairloss. There are a multitude of reasons for hairloss. Refer to the following link for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairloss

Dr Anrich Burger