Question

Female child development at 2 years
Five months ago, I seperated with my partner of 6 years & we have a daughter together of 25 months. She allows me access of 6 hours per week at her home but won't allow me to take my daughter on my own as she believes she is too young & it will harm our daughter emotionally. My parents & family have not seen my daughter since the seperation & the emotional drain is becoming immense. All I want to be is a father to her.

My question is twofold: Is there any evidence that should I take my daughter from her mothers care for a few hours, that she will endure emotional trauma?
Secondly: Can my daughters development be harmed by her mother not allowing me meaningful contact on my own with her?

I don't see why your daughter, at any age, would be damaged emotionally by spending time with you on your own, unless you lead a very peculiar lifestyle indeed. There's no basis for assumign emotional trauma at all. Maybe discus this with the local Maintenance Court, as to what your rights ought to be. Surely it'd benefit the kid to see your parents and family. Fortunately, it is unlikely the child's deelopment will be damaged either way, but it ought to benefit her to spend time with her dad and his family. too