Ask an expert

02 Apr 2007

female urologists

Can you tell me if there any female urologists in the Gauteng area? I just would feel more comfortable around a female...
Answer 15,900 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Mimi
There is actually one that I know of but where she is I don't know! Last I saw her she worked at Pretoria Academic hospital. Maybe if you phone the urology hospital in Pretoria they may be able to refer you to someone?
A very good doctor with female urology is Dr Frans van Wijk at Pretoria Urology hospital - it is his subspeciality.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18606 votes