Question

Fertility issues
I' ve been maried for about 4 years now, I left the pill just after we got married. We still haven' t had any luck getting pregnant. Is there any advice you could give me on how to go about fertility tests and if you can recommend a good doctor whom we can contact I would greatly appreciate it.
fertility expert

Dear Dagbreek1

The definition of infertility is the inability to conceive after 1 year of unprotected intercourse. Most couples should have conceived by now, as you have been trying for the last 4 years. There may well be a problem either from your side or from your husband’s side. The basic tests for fertility would involve a semen analysis, a hormonal profile to assess and in addition to assess for ovulation and patency of the fallopian tubes. You should see your gynaecologist or fertility specialist centre close to where to stay.

Answered by: Dr Y. M. Dasoo