Question

3h ago

Fertility query
Please help me, I cant conceive, there are no fertility tests covered here in Botswana. I am really desperate to have a baby.Please tell what medicine to buy or what to do, or who to see.
fertility expert

Dear NTS

1.) You need to have a routine gynaecological examination ( any competant gynaecologist) to exclude any obvious pathology such as fibroids, ovarian cysts, etc.

2.) Tubal assesment by HSG(Hysterosalpingogram) can be done in most Radiology departments and will need to be done to ascertain whether your tubes are patent or not.(ie to see whether there is any blockage or damage to your tubes).

3.) If possible, a spermiogram should be done by a reputable laboratory to evaluate your partners sperm.

Thereafter you may contact me again to reassess the situation.