Ask an expert

3h ago

Fertility query
Please help me, I cant conceive, there are no fertility tests covered here in Botswana. I am really desperate to have a baby.Please tell what medicine to buy or what to do, or who to see.
Answer 381 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear NTS

1.) You need to have a routine gynaecological examination ( any competant gynaecologist) to exclude any obvious pathology such as fibroids, ovarian cysts, etc.

2.) Tubal assesment by HSG(Hysterosalpingogram) can be done in most Radiology departments and will need to be done to ascertain whether your tubes are patent or not.(ie to see whether there is any blockage or damage to your tubes).

3.) If possible, a spermiogram should be done by a reputable laboratory to evaluate your partners sperm.

Thereafter you may contact me again to reassess the situation.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.