Question

Fibromyalgia
Subject: RE: Fibromyalgia
Posted by: Longtime problem
Message: Hi Doc
Below is our previous e-conversation

LP, fibromyalgia isn’t a dangerous disorder, but it can seriously affect your quality of life. You didn’t tell me which enzyme it is that was measured and also not which treatment was given. Let me know (as a new question please otherwise I won’t get it) and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.
Date: 14/2/2003

The test I did as per the test to be conduct form stated: CK (without CK-MB) and Other test stated Aldolase. My GP refered me to a physiologist and gave me a prescription for Trepiline 10mg tablets. Thanx doc.

LP, a CK of 199 isn’t that high. If I run around the block for a couple of times, my CK level will probably be higher. :-) CK is an enzyme found in muscles and if very high, may be a sign of pathology. It also doesn’t prove or disprove the diagnosis of FMS.
The best would be to give the Trepiline® 6 weeks and see what happens. You can safely up the dosage to 25mg at night if the 10mg doesn’t make a difference. Let me know if you have more questions. Good luck.