Question

FIKS, MAAR DOODMOEG
Ek is 44 jr oud, vroulik, rook nie, 1.69 m en 59kg. Ek oefen 5 dae per week. 3x cross trainer en 2 x ligte gewigte. Ek is redelik fiks, eet gesond, maar ek bly doodmoeg. Ek was al vir toetse, skildklier, yster ens. ens., maar als lyk normaal. Wat nou? Wat van 'n goeie energy booster of iets?

Hi there

I think in this situation, you have to play the detective and figure out what it was that caused this fatigue. I assume it's only recently that you have been so tired? because if this fatigue has only begun 3 or 4 weeks ago, then you need to look back and see what might have changed in your life to cause it. That is, once you have eliminated things by doing blood tests and so forth, the next thing is something related to your lifestyle. And that means diet, work stress, quality of sleep etc.

So you need to look at your lifestyle and see whether maybe your diet is inadequate to provide energy for your exercise. Maybe you are working a little harder and longer hours than before? Perhaps you haven't been sleeping well.

If I had to guess, I would start with diet - for example, if you are only eating 3 or 4 meals a day, there's a chance you are going for maybe 4 or 5 hours without eating. That would explain why you get tired in the late afternoons. or maybe you are not eating a good breakfast - that would explain if you get tired around lunchtime. So I think the first thing to do is to check that diet - eating healthily can be a little more than just eating the right foods - there is amounts, timing etc.

So check that out, and then consider taking the next 2 weeks easy as far as exercise goes. There is no point training hard when you're tired. Rather take 2 weeks where you train only half as much and see what happens.