Question

Fine Red Rash on an adult
Developed a fine raised red rash around my neck, chest and upper thigh areas - no high fever or any tell tale symptons of measles, chicken pox etc. Also had my blood pressure tested (purely co-incidental) and from being a low blood pressure all my life it has now jumped to 142/96 - thought it might be linked. Two days before the rash started I blacked out in the supermarket for no apparent reason - do you think this is all linked, or purely coincidence and what could the rash be?

Dear Jay Jay,
a fine red rash as the one you describe usually is caused by a viral infection - can be an airway virus that you get with flu symptoms? This should not really influence your blood pressure - just re-take it again? Bloodpressure can at times "spike" due to physiological reasons.
Your doctor will be able to confirm this with a full blood count.