Question

fit healthy but overweight
I am 48 yrs old,mass 99kg,1.88tall,rest pulse 50,do spin 2-3 times weekly,do circuit training 2-3 times week,play golf weekends,breafast yoghurt and cereal,10am cracker and cheese,lunch same,3pm fruit,supper low fat stir fry or pasta.Problem -- I have been doing this for months now and have not lost a kg before that I have always gone to gym and ate reasonably sensibly,.WHAT CAN I DO TO LOSE THE 5-10KG I NEED TO LOSE AROUND THE WAIST.

Dear Mickey
I think you may be eating too little. When you are on a 'starvation diet' your body shuts down its weight loss systems to conserve energy. Seeing that your BMI = 28, I would suggest that you try to lose those 10 kg if possible. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet - compare this to what you are eating and make the necessary adjustments. If you still have not lost any weight after 3 weeks, I would suggest that you have your dr do some hormone tests to see if you have problems with your thyroid or with insulin. Keep up the stunning work with the exercise.