Question

Fitness Question
I have been going to a gym regularly since the beginning of January (3x a week). Before I started gym my pulse rate was around 74-76 bpm. Now after a month of gymming, which includes 2 cardio sessions a week of running and cycling for 30 mins, my pulse rate has only dropped to about 70 - 72bpm. How long will it take for my pulse rate to come down to about 60bpm?

Hi Mac

The way one's resting heart rate responds to training is highly individualised, so there is no formula that dictates how quickly it'll drop and whether it'll drop much. What's a better measure of fitness, is how quickly you heart rate drops after and exercise session. Why not measure it as soon as you stop exercising and then 2 mins later? Repeat this measurement once a week or so , and see if the recovery is improving.

Good luck.