Question

Fitness training inhibited
I have recently come off a minor bout of flu and took two weeks off training to try recover. I have started training again but after running a couple of hundred meters get a burning sensation in my chest and struggle to breath, I am still coughing infrequently and only feel uncomfortable when doing cardio.

Any suggestions to get me back in the flow, I am getting really frustrated at the loss of fitness and training time.

Hi Gary

The only answer here, is to listen to your body. I know how frustrating it is, when you've worked so hard to get fit, but your body clearly hasn't recovered properly and you should rest for longer. You might find that you can do your weight training and some light cardiovascular workout - but Don't Push It, until you feel completely recovered.

Good luck and take care of yourself.