Question

flirting
Hi Doc. I think I have a problem, but I need your objective opinion. I am a female and it seems that when a guy gives me the slightest bit of attention or jokes with me a bit, I fall head-over-heels in love with him. This has occured on numerous occasions, but the major problem at the moment is this: I have been working for my present boss for almost 2 years and because he flirts with me and tries to make conversation with me beyond the work situation, I am developing feelings for him. Although I am single and he has a girlfriend, I don't want my emotions to come in between our business relationship. How do I change this 'habit'?

Dear Inquisitive,
let's see what other readers have to suggest, here. It's no compulsory to respond as you do to such gestures. Maybe counselling focussing on self-esteem issues would help, so you wouldn't feel so awfully grateful to receive atention or flirting, and would feel more confident to establish better and more equal relationships on your own, and to pleasantly side-step such flirting. An afair wih the boss is almost always a recipe for disaster ; but you're clearly more than nice enough to have your own relationships outside the office, with people not associated with it.