Question

Fluctuating diabetes
Just want to knwo if i'm not in danger as i'm diabetic and have been feeling very painful strikes on my chest..i'm insulin dependant,lentus & novaropid.These pains are on and off .

Otherwise my sugar is not stable as it flactuates,the highest level it reaches is 10 to 12 sometimes,trying by all means to contrlo my diet as i limit myself to certain food which i know its not good for me,but i'm battling to keep my sugar on stable level and sometimes this is stressing me.Please advise what can i do.

Dear Mzeks
Firstly I think you need to go for a medical checkup to see if the pains in your chest are serious or not. When you are with the dr discuss the fluctuating glucose levels with him/her as you may have to adjust your insulin intake. Then I surmise that you have not yet seen a clinical dietitian? If not, please do consult one ASAP (Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area), because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in controlling your glucose levels and you need a diet worked out specifically for you.