Question

Flushed face and headaches
Hi, I am a 38yr old female and recently have been getting really hot on my face where my cheeks become very rosy and then i develop a headache. I have had a hysterectomy in 2008 due to Carcinoma 1 in Uterus. Do you think this is early menopause. I don''t really feel that hot flushes all over my body except on my face and it always follows with a headache which gets worse through the day. Please help coz it is a real difficult to get to my GP on any given day. Is it something that i should get seen to immediately or its early menopause or maybe i should be seeing my Gynae.

Any help and advise is appreciated.

Yasmita

It is possible that you are experiencing symptoms of early menopause and I suggest that you consult your gynaecologist for an examination and full hormone profile. Menopause can be treated with hormone replacement therapy but this must be done under supervision of your gynaecologist.