Question

Following on Engagement Announcement.
Hi everyone!

As most of you regulars will know, we put the announcement of Stef & Charl's engagement in Durban's weekend newspapers.

WELL........................amazingly the responses (so far) have all been positive and heartwarming !! The most surprising two responses were......wait for it........from 2 Catholic priests!!!!!
The one is our retired parish priest and the other is a younger priest who was a member of our parish until he went off to the seminary to study for the priesthood.

Both of them FIRST personally phoned (not sms'd or e-mailed) Stef and then also phoned my husband and i. They both congratulated us and told us how proud they were of Stef and of us too. How they admired us for putting the announcement in the paper and being so supportive of Stef & Charl.

They both indicated that they are looking forward to meeting Charl next time that he and Stef are in Durban. The older priest who we have always kept in touch with put it very well. He said " I think it's bloody marvellous !!" He also told Stef (and us) that Stef must not stop going to church or communion regardless of what anyone says, because he has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of !!

I can tell you that it was SO heart-warming to receive these calls and to know that there are some priests out there who are actually HUMAN and realise that all Stef wants is to live his life and BE HAPPY !!!!

The other responses we have had so far have all been great. Stef says that he doesn't think anyone who has a problem with him being gay and who is not supportive will be too scared to say anything to ME !! Coz he says that people will realise that we would NEVER have put it in the paper if we weren't ready to cope with any negativity and plus he reckons they would know that when it comes to this i am a force to be reckoned with !!! He, he !!

Charl was with us last night on his way to a Pharmacy conference in the Drakensberg starting today and it was SO SPECIAL to have him with us. I count our blessings everyday that the two of them met each other and fell in love !!

Well, that's all from me.....till next time. Love and hugs - Ferny :-)

Gay, lesbian and bisexual expert
gay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Ferny and as awlays your post is very welecome!

What can I say other than again highlight the wow-factor and the power of the all-accepting, warm and embracing mother-archetype you bring to this space...