Ask an expert

20 Dec 2002

Food Allergies
Hi Doc

My son is 8. He has suffered (still on medication) from Asthma, but getting better! Over the past 3 weeks I have been writing down everything he eats and noting when he has some sort of allergic reaction. Either in the form of swollen hands,feet and genitals. Or "welts" on his body. Or swollen upper lip. Or itchy feet.

I would like to see a Dietician in my area. Could you recommend one? I live in Jukskei Park, Johannesburg. The closest area's would be Fourways, Randburg etc.

Thanks for your kind co-operation.

Yours sincerely
Mrs Y. Hunter
Answer 367 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Mrs Hunter
Phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings) to obtain the name and address of your nearest dietitian. But keep in mind that most people are on vacation at the moment.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.