Ask an expert

15 Nov 2006

Food poison
I am 30 years old man. When I was three years of age, I’ve got stomach germ from food poisoning, which late on causes TB. Now I am struggling with heartburns form a period of five years. I want to know what can I do, and medication should I take.
Answer 411 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Nick
The best would be to take triple therapy antibiotic treatment ( Flagyl, amoxil and tetracyclin ) at the same time, together with anti- acid drugs - alternatively you can ask your doctor to refer you to a gastroenterologist as some patients need an operation.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9326 votes
67% - 18774 votes