Question

food poisoning

I have had gypo guts for nearly five days now after eating something I shouldn't have and it is getting no better. I work all day in a hot kitchen and do a lot of deliveries in the heat. I havn't eaten in two days and everytime I do it doesn't stay down too long. I have a very sensitive stomach and if there is anything wrong with food, boy do I get the end of it. I don't want to suppres it as I know I need to get the poisons out of my system but it is now affecting my whole body wit aches and pains all over. I don't know if this is just from lack of sleep or food but it is enough already.

How can I get rid of this quickly without having to take medication or have to have some sort of extravegant treatment.

Some of us should just not eat from service stations.

PLEASE HELP

TB, it sounds like you’re starting to dehydrate. Oral rehydration fluid can be made by adding 8 teaspoons of sugar or honey and ½ a teaspoon of salt to one litre of water. The only problem with this solution is that the taste of it is enough to make healthy people vomit! A much better idea is to substitute the water with orange juice or half strength (50% water) orange juice. This tastes better, contains vitamins and is rich in potassium, the most important electrolyte that is lost. You can grate an apple and leave it in the fridge until it turns brown. Eating this should bind the stools. If it hasn’t cleared up by the end of the weekend, you will have to see a doctor. Good luck.