Question

Food poisoning
Hi there

I have spent the last two days feeling nauseas and have had diarrhea and have been throwing up quite a lot.

I ate some marinated braai meat on Saturday even and suspect the meat was off.

Can you tell me if this sounds like food poisoning? I’m feeling better today, but I certainly had a rough weekend.

Is there any medicine I should take? (I have improved, but was up throwing up last night) I don’t want to go to the doctor as I have changed medical aids and will not be crediting for any visitations for the next 3 months.

Thanks.

Hallo Letitia
Yes it sounds like you had gastro - take something like Inteflora or other probiotic 2 three times a day for 5 days, get some Valoid for the nausea and Immodium for the diarrhoea if needed. You can also get some Rehidrat powder to put back all the salts you have lost with the diarrhoea and vomiting.