Question

Food poisoning
Hi there

I have spent the last two days feeling nauseas and have had diarrhea and have been throwing up quite a lot.

I ate some marinated braai meat on Saturday even and suspect the meat was off.

Can you tell me if this sounds like food poisoning? I’m feeling better today, but I certainly had a rough weekend.

Is there any medicine I should take? (I have improved, but was up throwing up last night) I don’t want to go to the doctor as I have changed medical aids and will not be crediting for any visitations for the next 3 months.

Thanks.
Pharmacist
pharmacist

L

It's possible that your condition may be ralated to the meat you had - Treat your symptoms symptomatically with products for the diarrhoea and nausea (loperamide and cyclizine) and take lots of fuid. Should your condition worsen you'll have to see a doctor