Question

Foods that produce wind
Hello,

I desperately need to know what foods cause wind? Ive tried the trial-and-error thing with foods and the wind still occurs (not as much but its still occurs). The one thing i noticed is that when i cut out wholewheat carbos(yeast maybe?) and cheese(maybe i'm intolerant to the lactose in dairy, i dunno), theres a difference, but as i say its still there and its unbearable,embaressing and painful sometimes. I once read that the wind/gas is produced from the enzymes in your gut, once they get to work on breaking down the food, they release a gas (CO2 or O2-i'm not sure?) and thats when it starts to build up. I dont know if this is the true origin of this gas. I have also tried eating slower and in smaller mouth fulls so that i dont 'swallow' large amounts of air with my food.

Please can you clarify if this is because of an intolerance to something and please let me know which foods to AVOID. Thanks alot.

Dear G
The only way in which you can determine if you are actually intolerant or allergic to certain foods, is for you to have tests done by your doctor. When you consult him/her please also have a medical checkup because winds and bloating can be caused by so many different conditions - ulcers, IBS, gallbladder disease, lack of enzymes, etc, etc. Once you have a diagnosis, we can look at your diet and make the necessary changes.