Question

Foot condition
I have been diagnosed with osteoconditis (hope I spelt it correctly
) in my right foot. I had surgery on the very same foot 19 years ago when they had to repair a cavity in the bone. My GP tells me that I will possibly need surgery, but I now want to change my medical aid due to the fact that my current one always runs out of funds in the middle of the year (as is the case this year). What I need to know is how quick this condition can get worse, because on a new medical aid I might have to wait 12 months before I can have the surgery. I know that I should really see an orthopedic surgeon, but I just can't afford it right now, so any info you can give me about the condition would be most welcome.
Foot expert

sdly the loger you leave it the worse it becomes so early intervention is essential.

If funds are a major concern then try a bigger teaching hospital attached to one of the university mediacl schools, but to wait 12 months will mean a long term problem.
Also approach your medical aid for an (ex gratia payment this is an additional payment over and above for a motivated condition) and many medical aids in hospital benifits are seperate from out of hospital so apeak to the medical aid first