Question

Foot Injury
My Husband hurt his foot while power walking. It is the outer part of the foot that is painful. There is minimal swelling and not much bruising but he is a lot of pain. He can walk about 3 metres and then it becomes painful. It is not painful if he rests it. I have suggested he put ice on it and then deep heat and strap it up but he is stubborn. Do you think he has torn ligaments? How should we treat it.

Des

If he can only walk 3 meters, it is possible that his foot has a small fracture and he will therefore, have to consult his doctor for an examination and x-ray of his foot. In the interim, he should rest his foot, ellevate it and use Ibuprofen for pain.

Dr Anrich Burger