Question

For CS: Survivor
Not sure what I enjoy the most, watching Survivor or reading your review!

Excellent once again, you sense of humour is great!

Thanks, Karen et al. ( especially al. ! ) I'm pleased you enjoy these pieces.
Interesting observation from Dave --- it's invariably, somehow, the male-female couples that seem to be threatening to other players, as if some sexual tension stirs them up, and male pairings, presumably not erotic at all, seem to be oftentimes ignored, even at their peril !
And yes, though these are supposedly liberated women, we do seem to see a lot of deference to the males rather than actual independence.
Contestant need to get rid, at the earliest opportunity of anyone (a) strong enough to make it to the end, and (b) likeable enough to receive more votes from the final jury. Yet they find it irresistable to first of all get rid of the most annoying and the most lazy, even though these cannot threaten them. Surely you'd like to get to the final 3 or 2 and be up against Janu, or that darn woman who kept singing songs, than against Stephenie, Tom, Ian, or Gregg. Maybe it was thoughts like that that had them keep the useless misery Janu for so long. But then you can't just get rid of the people you want to go, you need to build a consensus among the others, so that a majority of you want to be rid of them.