Question

04 Apr 2007

foreskin - phimosis
I went to the doctor last wednesday to see what's to be done, i can't retract my foreskin at all!

He prescribed me with some ointment to rub around the area at night and when i'm in the shower i have to try and pull it back (which i have been doing this past week) If this doesn't work then i have to get circumsised.

I have been doing it this past week and i can now pull it back to reveal about a third of the head, at this point it feels like i'm stretching the top of the skin too much and i let it move back. It feels uncomfortable, not quite painful just uncomfortable.

What i want t know is should i just carry on and try pulling it back all the way or taking it slow? What are other people's experiences?

Also, is it ok for me to masturbate whilst having this condition?

I think masturbation is the best way to retract this forskin - so yes its a good exercise to do. Just be careful.

Please give it more tiem than one week to decide this treatment isn;'t working. It can take up to 2 - 3 months before we see proper results.

dr e Mcintosh