Question

fran
I have a problem with my lower back and down the side of my left leg to the calf. i had an MRI scan, which came up with slight arthritis in the 4th vertibrae. I am 46 and have since lost 14 kgs, but i still get the same pain in those areas. What more can i do to improve the situation?( as my orthopedic sugeon said to lose weight which ive done)
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

Dear Fran
Congratulations on your weight loss! I have no idea what your ideal weight is, but it is always good to carry less weight as it puts enormous strain on your joints and ligaments. Another thing to do is to try and stay as mobile and flexible as you can by doing regular exercise. Maybe a physiotherapist can help you with this. Adk your doctor to refer you to a good physio.