Question

Freaking out
Please doc, i dont know what to do anymore, i feel like im suffocating in here. Their installing a camera overlooking our offices, the people where here to check the placement and everything. If its this bad before i dont even want to think about what it will feel like once its installed. Already have headahce, tooth ache ear ache dizziness, shortness of breath and im shaking tremendously not to mention the sweating and nausea. I drink birals normally to help me through the day in general, but their not helping at all now. I dont know what to do, im swallowing back the tears cos someone might see, i cant phone anyne cos i share an office and he will hear, i cant do my work cos im freaking out, i feel like dying right here. im trapped in this prison, feels like hell. i cant stand it anymore, im going to explode, please help, i dont know anymore. please, i cant come back here once that thing is installed. i need this job, i cant loose it now, not again, not like the others. please, what can i do?

Hello CaT --- please, relax and chill out somewhat. This is not going to be a disaster unless you absolutely insist on turning it into one. Liza's suggestions would be a good start.
TO some degree we are all needing to get used to security cameras in the malls, etc, and on the whole they probably add something to our safety. But I wonder ( the Dept of Labour may be able to advise ) using such cameras for surveillance of staff routinely, may not be permissable. If there is some legal hindrance about whether companies can check people's emails, surely sitting watching them at work is also rather a dodgy proposal ?
Further, as Liza suggests, it may well be that you have become rather chrnnically anxious and a bit over-wrought in general, and it would be wise to see a good shrink for an assessment. If you are unduly anxious, there are better meds than biral --- such as Buspirone, which has a gentle and gradual onset of action, and quells our anxiety symptoms and promotes calm, without making us drowsy and without making us dependent on it.
And when you add that you syffer from Social Anxiety Disorder, the picture gets even more clear --- in a way, the prospect of someone watching you through the camera must feel like other situations of being socially exposed, like making a speech, and may well make you feel uneasy. Again, a good local shrink could try some of the SSRI medications which can help Social Anxiety Disorder, as well as Buspirone.
Now, the shrink isn't there to Scrutinize you, but to help, by working with you to make sure what the problems are and the best way to help you to deal with them. The aim would be to help you to not only cope weel with situations like this --- without having to see the shrink every time someting like this happened --- bu to help you grow stronger so such things actually eventually wouldn't happen at all
And I don't think the camera will be used to watch much detail. If your boss has the time to spend all day watching all of you ( and he can't focus entirely on you, or everyone else could get up to mayhem while he wasn't watching them ) --- then he wouldb't be doing his main job which is presumably what he gets paid for. And nobody would bother about someone going to the loo, or doing any other normal activity. It'd be far too boring for them to even try to do that.
And meantime, even try Dude's suggestion --- don't imagine that camera up into something hug and menacing -- think of it as just an ugly mushroom