Question

Free or Cheap Meds
Hi I' m a white just about to turn 30yr old female.
I' ve had depression many times throughout my life, to the point of suicide. I was put on meds while in the UK. I' ve kept my condition very private and my family don' t know how severe it has been.
I had a management position with a high salary while living in JHB, then last year relocated to Cape Town due to my partner.
I have not been able to find a job and have been unemployed for a year now. My self esteem is rock bottom. My partner does not talk to me, but lives on the computer or at work. I' m so lonely, hate myself, don' t want to go out and know that I' ve got to the point that I need meds again as suicide is seeming like the only option.
I can' t afford to go to a Dr and to be honest, don' t like leaving the house at all, not even to buy food, let alone to go and talk to people. I don' t want anyone to see me or talk to me....but I know I need help.

Its not usually wise to keep any illness secret from your family, whose support and encouragement could be valuable. Get the asessment and help you obviously need --- arrange to see someone at your nearest medical school dept of psychiatry, or large state / provincial hospital psych service. Costs would be proportionate to your earnings.