Question

Friend''s husband
My friend invited me to a function over the weekend. I didn''t particularly wanted to go as her husband made it clear on a previous occassion that he disliked me. However, after a few drinks, he told me that he obsesses over me and that he believes we should be together. I was very uncomfortable as other people, his family, noticed that he was getting up in my face. I would never even entertain this thought and am not sure if I should tell my friend about it. She believes in me and knows how I despise cheaters. However, she is also very gullible and I am scared that by telling her, I would lose her friendship as he would obviously tell her something else.

If even the family and others noticed, how on earth did your friend manage not to notice what was going on ? And if she did, why not tell her ? Isn't it likely that sooner or later someone else WILL tell her, and she would then wonder why you didn't ? Why would she choose to believe his denials rather than your message, especially when others could confirm what you said ? And i her sort-of friendship with you is to be based on lies and denial and evasions, how much of a real friendship is it ?
And why are you not also thinkin about what to say to him, to warn him to keep away and stop this offensive behaviour ?