Question

Frustrated
I am so angry I could spit!

When I tried to switch on the stove on Monday night, only 1 plate was working. I complained bitterly but luckily two of my four kids were away so it wasn't the end of the world. I bought new fuses but the stupid thing still won't work.

Today is Thursday and after two nights of beans on toast the selfish pig I live with is still no closer to getting someone the fix the stove.

I said I would get a repairman out and he was horrifed because of the costy, he'll get a friend to do it. WHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to go home, have a nice hot bath, a few drinks and leave the 5 of them to make their own arrangements!

Sorry, just letting off some steam but am I so wrong for wanting the stupid thing fixed?

You know, there's an excellent song in the musical The Rink ( with Liza Minelli and Chita Rivera ) called "Chief COok and Bottle Washer" --- I think you'd enjoy it ! Excellent idea to leave it to them to see to the cooking till the stove is fixed. If nothing moves, you might try taking out the two working fuses, too, so they're down to COLD bakebeans on damp bread, and maybe that'll move them ?
Star, some great ideas, but you're making me hungry, darn it ! Liza, do you do house-calls ?