Question

Frustrated
Hi doc.

My boyfriend and i have been together for 9 years. We argue alot even about sex. I have to ask him for sex then he is always tired or just not in the mood. I gave birth to our baby 7 months ago. Could it be due to that cos i have put on alot of weight also. I feel so painful and sad when he refuse me sex. He said i can fin someone else and move out of the house. Is he tired of me. I love this man very much and will do anything to make our relationship work but if sex is a problem should i let it go. We are in our early 30''s.

Thanx

Sexual concerns often present itself after the birth of the first child – it is often related to one or both of the partners having to redefine their relationship and themselves and the way they view their partners. From what I am hearing your relationship is being negatively impacted. I would suggest that you seek the assistance of a professional psychologist/social worker working specifically with sexual concerns to guide you as a couple to a more constructive level of interaction.

You are welcome to send us a mail to helpline.sasha@gmail.com should you require a referral to a medical doctor or psychologist (please indicate which professional) and in which area you stay and we will provide you with a professional as close as possible to you. Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru.