Question

28 Oct 2009

Frustrated Bride to be
I am just about to get married in December the only problem I have is that my husband does not want me to say anything when his kids have done wrong we stay with 2 girls from another marriage the mother is still alive and the other girl does not like me, whenever the daughter has done wrong I report to the father he will say I have issues or dislike the daughter or I have problems myself, I have decided in order to keep peace in the house I should ignore the daughters, go away when the father is not there because there will obvious be something. I told the father that I will never ever in my life again look at any wrong his daughters are doing I will just look at them for keeping peace I have decided on this because I can see even his family is against me, please assist what should I do.

Sort this out before any weding, as the problem will only get worse if not solved now. Urgent pre-marital couples counselling ! Maybe he feels guilty about divorcing the kids mom, and is spoiling them out of guilt - but that's bad for them, him and you as well.
It is HIS unresolved problems that leads to him spoling the child, not yours. If he won't resolve these issues, postpone the marriage. There's no point in getting married if you are to be a fugitive in your own home, a refugee from some demanding and undisciplined kids