Question

Frustrated wife
My husband and I has two kids of our own and he also has two kids with his ex girlfriend.

He is paying maintanance and this is some how having a bad impact to our lifes. He is not earning enough and I have taken a lot of responsibilities of which I feel that this not not fair to me.

I pay the bond,pay for services and buy groceries. My question is can I also go to the maintanance court and claim maintanace fo my kids and myself?

Divorce support expert
Divorce support expert

Being a parent implies a lot of responsibilities towards children until they are able to become legally independent.
A divorce and children with an ex partner doesn't make it any easier as it increases the responsibilities we have and can bring financial stress upon the people involved.
As a divorced dad he has rights and responsibilities towards his children with his ex partner and as a married couple you both are responsible towards your children.
Should you come to divorce you will both have equal rights and responsibilities towards your children. The financial responsibility will be calculated pro rata to what you both earn.