Ask an expert

17 Feb 2003

Fungal Infection
Hi there. I seem to have won myself a fungal infection on the head of my penis. It's incredibly annoying and I'm trying to get rid of it. My GP prescribed Candizole which I used for several weeks but when I ran out the infection would relapse within as little as 2/3 hours. I'm now trying another cream called Lotriderm which I found in my medicine cabinet. I will see how this one works out but what else is there that I can try? After informing my GP that Candizole was not effective he suggested I see a dermatologist and have them take a sample of the skin for analysis. This would certainly be a last resort for me as the thought of someone taking a sample of the skin off the tip of my penis is quite unnerving.

Answer 7,509 views

01 Jan 0001

Jake, before you have someone attack your penis with a knife, why don’t you try a capsule called Sporanox® or Lamisil® tablets? Ask your GP to prescribe them for you. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9260 votes
66% - 17812 votes