Question

Fungal Infection
Hi there. I seem to have won myself a fungal infection on the head of my penis. It's incredibly annoying and I'm trying to get rid of it. My GP prescribed Candizole which I used for several weeks but when I ran out the infection would relapse within as little as 2/3 hours. I'm now trying another cream called Lotriderm which I found in my medicine cabinet. I will see how this one works out but what else is there that I can try? After informing my GP that Candizole was not effective he suggested I see a dermatologist and have them take a sample of the skin for analysis. This would certainly be a last resort for me as the thought of someone taking a sample of the skin off the tip of my penis is quite unnerving.

Thanks.

Jake, before you have someone attack your penis with a knife, why don’t you try a capsule called Sporanox® or Lamisil® tablets? Ask your GP to prescribe them for you. Good luck.