Question

Fungal Infections and impact on fertility and TTC
Hi all

I just found out that I might have a fungal infection which was probably passed back and forth between myself and my wife. It is called Candida Balinitis. In the past my wife has suffered with thrush, and I have noticed recently that I have a rashy/scaly reddish rash below the glans of my penis.

My wife's thrush infections are recurrent, and it now seems quite clear that one of the reasons for this is that I was never treated for the infection while she was. So it usually cleared up for her and we carried on trying to conceive without myself being treated at all, although her old gynae did say that I could just apply the cream (Gynospor) locally and it should be fine.

So, all the times in the last few years that her symptoms have cleared up and returned in a few months time, it has probably been me re-infecting her unawares.

My questions are :
* do any of the ladies on the forum suffer with the same sort of situation ?
* does a fungal infection affect chances of conception in any way ? ie. if you do conceive while having a fungal infection, does it harm the feotus in any way ?
* has anyone's partners ever been treated at the same time that they were treated for thrush (this is for the ladies that suffer with recurrent thrush)

Thanks for taking the time to read this long post, and I look forward to some responses.

Cheers

Thrush will not affect conception and will not harm the fetus.
It is important to always treat the partner, else reinfection will occur.