Question

Gall Bladder - need info

I just had my Gall bladder remove about 2 weeks ago and need to know more about what was the resaon why it stop working and what happens now that I do not have a gall bladder. Surely a need fat's for some vitamins to be absorbed by my body to fuction properly and why is it that I can not eat certain foods and only drink certain things.

Bernie, I don’t know why your gallbladder had to be removed, but nothing is going to happen now that it’s removed. You have to remember that bile is produced in the liver and only stored in the gallbladder until it’s needed. All that happens now is that it will run straight into the small bowel and mix with the food. You can eat whatever you want and the worst thing that can happen is that you might develop diarrhoea after a very fatty meal. Good luck.