Question

Gall stone surgery
My Dr. recommends that I have my gall bladder removed due to recurring painful G/bladder attacks. Can this be avoided?
naturopath

Gallstones are best prevented with natural medicine. Normally if the gallstones are very small there are herbal and nutritional therapies that can cause them to be expelled from the gallbladder, but in your case it seems that the gallstones are probably quite large. If these were to be expelled from the gallbladder by a herbal formula or liver flush remedy the stones may get stuck in the narrow neck of the gallbladder. This will cause more problems and a more radical surgery, so I would recommend that if your doctor feels that the stones are quiet large it is best to consider his surgery as the best option.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)