Question

GALL STONES
hello doc

excuse my ignorance but can you please tell me what are gall stones,my sister was told by the doctor that she has them and now the whole family thinks she is going to die,please can you tell me the cause and what she can do to get rid of them.

thanks in adavnce,
pat.

Pat, gall stones are hard stones that form in the gallbladder that don’t have to be of any clinical significance and can be left where they are if they don’t cause symptoms. They will definitely not kill her, but they may lead to complications. The fact is that many women over forty have gallstones but are unaware of them. If you’re interested in more information you can e-mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za and I’ll cut & paste you something. Good luck.